This release offers some great new features including the long anticipated GeoScript editor (thanks to HydroloGIS), a full featured graticule map decoration (thanks to Kenneth Gulbrandsoy), and a new Document view (thanks to LISAsoft).
Thanks to Galdos, lat-lon and LISAsoft for their participation in OWS9. Their extensive quality assurance work has allowed uDig to enable WMS 1.3.0 by default.
On the development front the SDK now functions as standalone target platform complete with Eclipse and GeoTools source code. Thanks to Sam Guymer for this work, and to community members Suraj Patil and Thomas Dolley for testing. We also offer our congratulations to Kenneth Gulbrandsoy for his promotion to committer status.
The release is issued under a dual EPL and BSD license and marks our initial contribution to LocationTech. No further releases are scheduled under the Refractions banner.
- uDig Downloads (Mac, Linux, and Windows)
- Release Notes
- Issue Tracker Change Log
- What is new (User Guide)
About uDig 1.4.0
License Transition Complete
GeoScript EditorThis release offers some great new features including the long anticipated GeoScript editor. The use of scripting within a GIS application affords a great middle ground between developers and users. The GeoScript project is focused on taming the power of GIS for dynamic scripting languages. This strong focus on ease-of-use makes for an excellent alignment with the uDig project.
About uDig 1.4 Series
The 1.4 series brings several exciting new features to the table while serving as a stepping stone for the project's migration to LocationTech.
- GeoScript editor allowing scripting directly from the uDig application
- Document view for working with attachments and hot-links
- New graticule map decorator supporting metric coordinate reference systems
- WMS 1.3.0 now enabled by default
- Provided under a dual EPL and BSD license with associated refresh of a all headers, plugin license and about.html files.
- Transition to Maven command line build is complete with both product and SDK builds
- SDK is a complete target platform (no longer requires an Eclipse Download).
- Based on GeoTools 9.0-M0
- The mac release does not support the full range of ImageIO-EXT formats. Please contact udig-devel if you are in position to build GDAL on Mac OSX.
- The ImageIO-EXT / GDAL library requires native code for MrSID and ECW limiting support to win32 and linux32 platforms.