Welcome to the January milestone release of uDig. This release is made in conjuction with GeoTools 2.6.1 - with a number of improvements to the jdbc "next generation" plugins.
InstallationInstallation Notes: Download the package appropriate to your platform:
- Windows: installer (including ECW support) or zip archive avaiable.
- SDK: For use with SDK Quickstart instructions.
On windows and linux uDig includes a Java Runtime so you really can unzip and run. On mac uDig is able to check for Java Advanced Imaging and install if needed.
About uDig 1.2 Milestone 9
We have focused on the Software Developers Kit this release and have a new SDK Quickstart available. These instrucitons have been completely updated for Eclipse 3.5.1.
We have accomplished our goals for the uDig 1.2 series and will be issuing a release candidate shortly.
This release features:
- GeoTools 2.6.1
- Mac release unable to support the full range of imageio-ext formats (MRSID, ECW, etc...)
- Linux64 release is not provided as we wait for a 64 bit release of ImageIO-EXT
- Some repots of the Layers menu not showing up under the SDK release
About uDig 1.2
The uDig 1.2 series highlights a lot really great ideas the developer community has been playing with. We have upgraded the version of the GeoTools library we use - bringing give years of new developments in standard support, and a host of new raster and vector formats. An exciting addition is the use of the ImageIO-ext project allowing the use of raster formats supported by GDAL.
New and experimental capabilities of uDig 1.2 include:
- ImageIO-EXT rendering enabling additional raster formats and working with images larger then memory
- Tiled rendering (as an option in preferences) with a new flicker free panning tool.
- Support for GeoWebCache and TileServer via WMS-C
- WFS 1.1.0 support
- Greatly improved ArcSDE support; multithreaded and faster.