The uDig Community is overjoyed to announce the release of uDig 1.2.2.
This release is made in conjunction with GeoTools 8.0-M1 and the OSGeoLive DVD projects. We would like to thank these communities for their support. In particular a kind word goes out to Andrea Amie and Micheal Bedward and Daniele Romagnoli for a smooth GeoTools release in support of our schedule. Aslo a tip of the hat to Frank Gasforf and Cameron Shorter and the OSGeo Live project for setting the schedule (in conjunction with FOSS4G)
We would also like to thank Levi Punta and Nathaniel Keslo for sorting out a patch allowing uDig to use Natural Earth dataset out of the box.
Download the package appropriate to your platform, unzip and run:
- The uDig download page contains archives for Windows, Mac and Linux
- udig-1.2.2 Release Notes
- Issue Tracker Change Log
About uDig 1.2.2
The release adds a number of new features and updates the uDig platform to the latest open source libraries.
Here is what you can look forward to in the desktop application:
- Extensive update to online help including uDig Overview
- Spatial Toolbox view allowing access to OMS3 processing; with a step by step Introduction to Spatial Toolbox tutorial
- Updated Info and Profile tool for raster data
- Teradata support
- New import and export formats: CSV and KML.
- For information on additional new features visit our What is new page
- Access to the latest GeoTools 8.0-M1
- Access to the latest ImageIO-EXT and finally a modern version of GDAL (on supported platforms)
- The uDig git repository has moved to github to join the cool kids - and shows a very healthy stream of pull requests.
- Works with Eclipse 3.6