The uDig Community is pleased to announce the release of the uDig 1.3.2.
This point release packs significant new functionality. Thanks to our Google Summer of Code students for taking part in this years program. Macro Foi completed his work porting the advanced edit tools into this release.
There are a large number of people to thank for the nuts and bolts of this release. Cliff Broadbent and Sam Guymer transitioning the project to the tycho build system. Andrea Antonello setup the dropins folder for easy plugin installation. Jody Garnett and Frank Gasdorf ported the documentation and walkthroughs into Restructured Text resulting in a nice clean look.
This release is made in conjunction with GeoTools 8.1.
Download the package appropriate to your platform, install (or unzip) and run:
- uDig Downloads (with archives and installers for Mac, Linux and Windows)
- Release Notes
- Issue Tracker Change Log
About uDig 1.3.2
The 1.3.2 release showcases active assistance when writing CQL expressions and filters. This technology will be used to making editing styles a more rewarding and dynamic experience.
The 1.3 series features some great usability improvements with a new tool palette and easy to access tool options. For developers the uDig platform provides access to the latest open source libraries from an Eclipse RCP environment.
Here are some new features you can look forward to:
- Import SLD 1.1 Styles
- Edit Tools included - no longer require a separate download
- Area - define your area of interest based on CRS, current screen or a bookmark. You can use the area of interest to filter a Map Layer or just the Table view. This is a great way to focus on just the content you are interested in.
- Query Layers using a dynamic filter editor, there is also a checkbox to filter using the area of interest. Can be used to answer simple feature containment questions.
- Powerful data processing with the Transform operation. Use a dynamic expression editor to generate new datasets.
- Provide an expression to label features, allowing the Information view to list features by name.
- Updated Info and Profile tools for raster data
- Teradata support
- Spatial Toolbox view allowing access to OMS3 processing; with tutorial!
- New import and export formats: CSV and KML.
- For details on these and other features check out the What is new!
- Active assistance when editing CQL Filters and Expressions
- Tool Palette with easy to use Tool Options for quick access to preferences (blog)
- Cheatsheets offering guided assistance for new users (blog)
- Control Tool interaction with your layers with the ability to mark background layers
- Includes a revitalised User Guide a new clean look (available online)
- Extensive update to online help including Quickstart and uDig Overview
- Updated Walkthrough 1 and Walkthrough 2 covering the use of the tool palette.
- Step by step Introduction to Spatial Toolbox
- Reorganised the Tasks section with step by step instructions for using new features
- Latest GeoTools 8.1 release
- Latest JTS 1.12
- Latest ImageIO-EXT 1.1.4